I’m sure by now you have heard of the benefits of jade rolling, its one of the hottest new beauty trends. Except it isn’t that new, we will say it’s just making a comeback. Jade rolling is part of a beauty regime that dates back to ancient China .Jade rolling consists of slowly rolling a small tool made from the green gemstone upward over one’s face and neck. Natural skin care gurus swear by the Chinese facial massage practice. Jade or Rose Quartz rolling has been scientifically proven to have some amazing benefits! In this post we will explore Jade Rolling, and why you should add it to your beauty routine.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on a link of a product we recommend we do receive a commission. But don’t worry there won’t be any extra cost to you! This helps support our website and promote vegan and cruelty free products that we love.
Difference Between Jade & Rose Quartz Rollers
There are a few different types of stone rollers out there and the main ones are Jade and Rose Quartz. In traditional Chinese medicine Jade is a stone know for its healing energy. While all facial rollers do help with reducing puffiness and encouraging lymphatic function, jade rollers will normally have a little more resistance on the skin as it is not as smooth as other crystals, like rose quartz or amethyst. This makes jade a perfect choice for sculpting and conturing the skin. Ancient Egyptians believed that Rose Quartz has anti aging properties. Rose Quartz contains minerals like magnesium and iron. Rose quartz also has anti inflammatory properties which makes it a great choice for people who have sensitive skin. Either one provides great benefits, and is an added bonus in your daily beauty routine.
What is a Jade Roller
Jade & Rose Quartz rollers are hand held massaging tools, which are usually made with one or two heads. These beauty tools are mainly used on the face.
Benefits of a Jade Roller
Now I know what you are thinking, all these claims about getting gorgeous skin sound too good to be true (especially from something as simple as a rock) but there are some real and amazing benefits from using a jade roller. One of the main benefits of jade rollers or facial massage is improving circulation and lymphatic drainage, so you look more glowing and less puffy, and let’s face it no one wants puffy eyes. Some people even choose to store their jade roller in the fridge so that they are even colder, this is not a must as your jade roller will be cool even if it’s not stored in the fridge.
It is also relaxing adding jade rolling into your daily routine not only has tons of benefits for your skin but it makes you fee a little bougie and like you are getting a facial massage at a spa. You can also use your jade roller to work product into your skin (just place the product and roll away).
- Jade & Rose Quartz Rollers assist with lymphatic drainage. By massaging areas of the face it helps drain extra fluid from the lymphatic system. This results in a reduction of puffiness.
- Increases blood flow and circulation through stimulation of skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Using a jade roller helps your skincare products absorb better.
- In crystal healing jade is associated with balancing you chi and protecting against negative energy.
- Tightening and toning the facial muscles
- Improving product absorption (from your topical skincare regimen)
- Addressing puffiness and wrinkles
- Contouring the facial structure
- Tightening pores via the naturally cold stones
When to Use a Jade Roller
A jade roller can be used at any time but experts say it’s best to use in the morning. The reason it’s best to use in the AM is because this is when our skin is usually puffy when just waking up. Think of jade rolling as the coffee for your skin it wakes it up!
- wash your face with your AM cleanser
- After you pat your face dry use your toner
- Apply eye cream
- Apply your serums
- After you have applied serums use your jade roller to work the products in
- Apply your daily moisturizer
- Don’t forget your sunscreen
How to Use a Jade Roller
Using a jade roller is pretty simple (it’s best to do it in the AM) make sure before you start jade rolling that you skin is moisturized with either a serum or moisturizer. You want to use gentle but firm pressure and always working towards the centre of the face in a mostly upwards motion. Use the smaller end of the jade roller to get delicate places like the under eye, and you also want to make 2-3 passes on each area for maximum benefit.
- Roll from the centre of your face outwards
- Pass over the same stretch of skin 3-4 times
- Use on freshly clean skin. Roll after you have applied your serums, this will help with absorption
- Always move in an upward motion
- Check out this video tutorial on how to use the jade roller
I Used a Jade Roller for a Month
So of course me being me I decided that I have to try jade rolling and incorporate it into my routine. There are a few things that I love about jade rolling first off it’s pretty cheap to buy a jade roller so it’s a lot more accessible then some of the other skincare gadgets on the market. I also love that is a quick easy thing to do in the morning’s if you are in a rush, it’s so refreshing and a great way to wake up your skin. After about a week of using the jade roller my skin was definitely looking better less puffy and smoother, I also like that you use less skincare products when you use the jade roller to work them into your skin (typically when you use your hands to apply your hands are absorbing a lot of the product too). All in all I will continue to use jade rolling as a part of my skincare routine.