It’s finally here! Fall one of my favourite seasons if not my favourite one. There are so many things that I love about the autumn season, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and all the fun fall activities. One of the things that I love about fall is decorating my home, I love changing and refreshing the decor with the different seasons. It’s a time to get creative! Keep reading for my fall 2021 decor & home tour. Check out last years fall home tour HERE.
Fall 2021 Decor & Home Tour
This year I actually only bought one new thing to add to my fall decor collection. I think a lot of people think they need to rush out to buy a whole bunch of stuff each new season but that’s not true! I think picking classic items that never go out of style these will serve you well for years!
My Fall Home Decor Essentials
- Cozy blankets: these are a great addition to your decor, are functional, and can be used for other seasons. My tip is to pick a blanket that goes with your homes colour pallet, that way you can use it more times throughout the year.
- Candles: candles and fall go hand in hand in my mind. There is just something so cozy about having a nice fall scented candle lit to set the mood.
- Pumpkins: of course we can’t have fall decor without pumpkins, I bought a bunch of neutral faux ones that I reuse each year. Another tip is to paint your faux pumpkins in your homes colour pallet. I also love purchasing a few real pumpkins closer to October. I love the heirloom ones they are so pretty. If you are going with real pumpkins check out this simple DIY to help preserve your pumpkins.
- Gold & Brass accents: I love bringing in some gold and brass accents in for fall. It really warms up a space and can easily transition into the Christmas season. Think brass candle sticks and gold bowls.
- Natural Accents: fall is all about the season changing and I love bringing in some natural elements like wheat and fall foliage.
My Fall Front Porch
Now your front porch is the first thing that guest see of course. I love decorating my porch for the autumn season. My fall porch decor consists of a fall wreath, pumpkins, and white mums. Closer to October I will add more pumpkins to our steps. I also got the baskets for the mums from the dollar store and just painted them white. Don’t be afraid to paint an item so it goes more with your decor. You can check out last years fall front porch HERE & we also have our favourite Pinterest fall front porches HERE!
Autum Home Decor
I added subtle touches of the autumn season into my decor and since it’s still early September I opted to use faux pumpkins and will add some real ones closer to October.
Fall Kitchen & Dining Room Decor
Now with our kitchen and dining room I like to keep it simple since it still needs to be a functional space. I also love neutrals so you will notice that my fall decor is neutral as well. In the kitchen I just added a few pumpkin vessels and a nice tray with a candle and fall foliage. I love having a nice fall candle to light while I am making dinner it fills the space with scents of autumn. Some of my favourite places to shop for fall decor are Homesense (that’s usually where I get all my fall candles from), Micheals, Pottery Barn, Etsy, and Amazon has some great fall stuff too. If you are looking for a harvest or thanksgiving tablescape check out our one from last year HERE.
Fall Bar Cart
I have this great bar cart from Wayfair that I love to decorate. Now we actually don’t use it as a bar cart as we have a huge shelving unit that we use to stock our liquor. So our bar cart is more used for decor. I added some white pumpkins, wheat, and brass candle holders, and I made the pumpkin sign!
Fall Coffee Table
One of my favourite things is decorating my coffee table for fall. I just recently got a gorgeous paper machine bowl, I love a large bowl for a coffee table you can add a variety of decor into them depending on the season. I also got this brass and glass coffee table tray from CB2. I used pumpkins & candles to warm up the coffee table and the only thing I bought this year is the light up pumpkin.
Shop Our Fall Favourites