The holiday season is finally here! Cue all the festive holiday parties and one thing that looks great with a pretty holiday dress is a festive manicure. One thing that I love about the holiday and Christmas season is all of the get togethers and parties the that happen! It’s a great excuse to get dressed up, have some drinks and chat and catch up with friends. When I think about the Christmas season I think of sparkles, red, green, and all of those pretty holiday colours! Today we are sharing our favourite pretty December & Holiday Nail Designs!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on a link of a product we recommend we do receive a commission. But don’t worry there won’t be any extra cost to you! This helps support our website and promote vegan and cruelty free products that we love.
In addition to choosing a nail colour or design you must also choose a nail shape. There are quite a wide variety to choose from especially if you are doing acrylic nails, you can’t do as much with the shape of natural nails. Depending on the type of look you are going for different shapes and lengths can give each nail design a whole different vibe. There are definitely more classic and timeless shapes so if you are looking for wedding or engagement nails these might be a good choice (like rounded or oval). Check out this chart of nail shapes to help you choose! Another thing to also consider is the length of your nails, depending on the look you want. If you are going for more of a timeless classic look I would recommend steering clear of super long nails as they can look too trendy and end up looking dated over time.
- Round/Oval Nails: It mirrors the contour of the nail with a circular edge at the tip. This shape helps to elongate your fingers and is a classic look.
- Square Nails: Filed straight across the top, with flawless 90 degree angle sides. If you have narrow nail beds and slim fingers, this is the perfect shape for you.
- Squoval Nails: Take a square shape nail and round out its edges and you end up with this hybrid. This is a universally flattering nail shape that looks good on short and long fingers.
- Coffin Nails: Mimicking the shape of a coffin this shape is tapered on the sides with a straight edge on the tip. This shape is for the fashionistas of the nail world
- Almond Nails: An elongated nail with tapered tips. These are really popular lately but they also give off a chic timeless look.
- Stiletto Nails: Long, pointy, and dramatic. These nails usually come with dramatic designs and are not really practical for everyday.
Types Of Artificial Nails
Acrylic Nails: Acrylic nails are made of a combination of acrylic glass and liquid monomers. This mixture looks like a paste, bonds to the natural nail, and begins to harden pretty quickly. During this time the desired shape is created.
Gel Nails: Are liquid like regular nail polish but is then cured under a UV or LED light. Basically anything that comes out of a bottle and is brushed on your nail and then cured under a light to harden is a gel nail. This type also includes shellack.
Dip Powder: Dip powder nails are the newest trend to blow up on the nail space. They have been around for a while, but have not really gained much popularity until the last couple of years. Dip powder is basically acrylic in a powder form.
Shop Our Nail Faves
Pretty December & Holiday Nail Designs
Nothing says Christmas like sparkles you can choose do just do an accent nail or go all out with this classic! When I think of glitter and sparkles I always think of Christmas, this is the season to shine! Holiday fashions also mimic this trend you’ll see tons of sequinned clothing and we are not complaining!
Pretty for the festive season or just winter! We love this trend its dainty and pretty and not too Christmassy but it still give a subtle nod to the season.
Trend Red Nails
This classic Christmas colour is perfect for the season! Pair this with a red lip and you are good to go for a fabulous night out!
Trend Gold Nails
You can’t go wrong with this! Similar to glitter I think gold has a tried and true place at the Christmas table. I also think this is a trend that looks chic all year round.
Trend Green Nails
Another classic holiday colour. Green is also a trending colour in fashion lately so this is very on trend.
How to Grow Longer Nails
Now if you are looking to grow your natural nails so that they are healthy and long we have some great tips to help you achieve that! A lot of the time I just have my natural nails and paint them having your natural nails will save you money and you won’t have to go to the nail salon every few weeks which is nice. Now nail and health experts know that a great healthy diet is key to growing long and beautiful hair and nails but there are a few other things that you can do to grow longer nails.
- Use a cuticle oil daily. The secret to growing your best nails is: hydration, hydration, hydration. Cuticle oil works by hydrating the cuticle and nail bed, which is why it’s such an important step in nail care
- Consider vitamins for hair and nails. Brittle nails prone to peeling and breakage could be a sign of biotin deficiency, so it might be a good idea to supplement your diet with an extra dose of this essential B vitamin.
- Eat a nail friendly diet. Eat the rainbow include a variety of fruits and vegetables. Not only is this good for your skin, nails and hair its great for your overall health too!
Shop Our Nail Faves