Fall in my opinion is one of the best seasons for many reasons. Fall fashion is the by far the best and of course we have Thanksgiving & Halloween too. I love changing my nails with the changing seasons and fall is no exception. We have rounded up some chic Halloween nails for spooky season just in time for October!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on a link of a product we recommend we do receive a commission. But don’t worry there won’t be any extra cost to you! This helps support our website and promote vegan and cruelty free products that we love.
In addition to choosing a nail colour or design you must also choose a nail shape. There are quite a wide variety to choose from especially if you are doing acrylic nails, you can’t do as much with the shape of natural nails. Depending on the type of look you are going for different shapes and lengths can give each nail design a whole different vibe. There are definitely more classic and timeless shapes so if you are looking for wedding or engagement nails these might be a good choice (like rounded or oval). Check out this chart of nail shapes to help you choose! Another thing to also consider is the length of your nails, depending on the look you want. If you are going for more of a timeless classic look I would recommend steering clear of super long nails as they can look too trendy and end up looking dated over time.
- Round/Oval Nails: It mirrors the contour of the nail with a circular edge at the tip. This shape helps to elongate your fingers and is a classic look.
- Square Nails: Filed straight across the top, with flawless 90 degree angle sides. If you have narrow nail beds and slim fingers, this is the perfect shape for you.
- Squoval Nails: Take a square shape nail and round out its edges and you end up with this hybrid. This is a universally flattering nail shape that looks good on short and long fingers.
- Coffin Nails: Mimicking the shape of a coffin this shape is tapered on the sides with a straight edge on the tip. This shape is for the fashionistas of the nail world
- Almond Nails: An elongated nail with tapered tips. These are really popular lately but they also give off a chic timeless look.
- Stiletto Nails: Long, pointy, and dramatic. These nails usually come with dramatic designs and are not really practical for everyday.
Types of Artificial Nails
Acrylic Nails: Acrylic nails are made of a combination of acrylic glass and liquid monomers. This mixture looks like a paste, bonds to the natural nail, and begins to harden pretty quickly. During this time the desired shape is created.
Gel Nails: Are liquid like regular nail polish but is then cured under a UV or LED light. Basically anything that comes out of a bottle and is brushed on your nail and then cured under a light to harden is a gel nail. This type also includes shellack.
Dip Powder: Dip powder nails are the newest trend to blow up on the nail space. They have been around for a while, but have not really gained popularity that the other types have.
Shop Our Nail Favourites
Chic Halloween Nails for Spooky Season
Tattoo inspired nails: This is a super fun and chic spin on a traditional Halloween nail, make them your own by choosing different designs!
Celestial inspired nails: We love this look so chic and can work for a number of different costumes think fortune teller or witch.
Evil Eye Nails: The symbol, most often depicted as four concentric circles in the shape of an eye, is used to ward off variations of evil intentions.
Black & Orange Nails: could we really have a Halloween nail roundup without these two classic colours. We love putting a spin on the style think french tip style but with orange.
Halloween Nail Art: think pumpkins, ghosts and everything in-between.
How to Grow Longer Nails
Now if you are looking to grow your natural nails so that they are healthy and long we have some great tips to help you achieve that! A lot of the time I just have my natural nails and paint them having your natural nails will save you money and you won’t have to go to the nail salon every few weeks which is nice.
- Use a cuticle oil daily. The secret to growing your best nails is: hydration, hydration, hydration. Cuticle oil works by hydrating the cuticle and nail bed, which is why it’s such an important step in nail care
- Consider vitamins for hair and nails. Brittle nails prone to peeling and breakage could be a sign of biotin deficiency, so it might be a good idea to supplement your diet with an extra dose of this essential B vitamin.
- Eat a nail friendly diet. Eat the rainbow include a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Shop Our Nail Favourites