Barbiecore is all the rage this summer, we blame the new Barbie movie with Margot Robbie. But let’s be honest Barbie has always been a trendsetter, from Barbiecore clothing, makeup and outfits our favourite girl is making a splash. Check out 8 pink Barbie inspired Nails to try this summer!
What Is Barbiecore
Before we delve into Barbie nails let’s chat about Barbiecore because it’s everywhere! Ladies it’s time to think pink! The highly anticipated Barbie movie that comes out July 2023 is responsible for this surging Barbiecore trend.
Push the neutrals to the back of your closet (this makes me a bit sad as I’m a neutral gal) and break out the pink and bright colours. This trend is actually perfect for summer!
Barbiecore is a bright, vibrant trend defined by a very particular color pink. And we think the Barbiecore trend is perfect to try out for your next summer mani!
8 Pink Barbie Inspired Nails to Try This Summer
Bright Pink French Manicure
We are starting off strong with a twist on a classic- the French Manicure. But instead of white tips try swapping them out for a bright pink! This look is still classy yet fun too!
Solid Bright Pink Manicure
This style is simple yet chic- amp up your manicure by choosing you guessed it a bright pink (if you don’t love bright colours opt for a softer pink instead).
Pink Chrome Nails
We blame Hailey Bieber for the chrome nail trend- but we love it! Choose your favourite shade of pink and top it with a pearl chrome for a polished look.
Pink Swirl Nails
This is a cute design perfect for summer if you are looking for something that’s a little more fun.
Pink Flower Nails
Pink flowers and Barbie go together like peanut butter & jelly this is the perfect combo for summer.
Jewelled Pink Nails
Put some rhinestones with pink polish and you have the perfect Barbie nails.
Pink Ombre Nails
The ombre trend has been around for a while now but we love it in pink it’s super girly!
Bubblegum Pink Nails
Bubble gum pink screams Barbie this is the perfect shade for summer.
Barbie Inspired Nails: Our Favourite Polish
Now if you are planning on doing a home manicure (we love a girl on a budget), we have a few favourite pink polishes!
- OPI x Barbie– this is the official OPI Barbie collaboration so of course we had to include it!
- Essie Bachelorette Bash– such a cute bright pink for summer
- OPI I Think in Pink– this pretty sheer pink is perfect for your next mani
In addition to choosing a nail colour or design you must also choose a nail shape. There are quite a wide variety to choose from especially if you are doing acrylic nails, you can’t do as much with the shape of natural nails. Depending on the type of look you are going for different shapes and lengths can give each nail design a whole different vibe.
There are definitely more classic and timeless shapes so if you are looking for wedding or engagement nails these might be a good choice (like rounded or oval). Check out this chart of nail shapes to help you choose! Another thing to also consider is the length of your nails, depending on the look you want. If you are going for more of a timeless classic look I would recommend steering clear of super long nails as they can look too trendy and end up looking dated over time.
- Round/Oval Nails: It mirrors the contour of the nail with a circular edge at the tip. This shape helps to elongate your fingers and is a classic look.
- Square Nails: Filed straight across the top, with flawless 90 degree angle sides. If you have narrow nail beds and slim fingers, this is the perfect shape for you.
- Squoval Nails: Take a square shape nail and round out its edges and you end up with this hybrid. This is a universally flattering nail shape that looks good on short and long fingers.
- Coffin Nails: Mimicking the shape of a coffin this shape is tapered on the sides with a straight edge on the tip. This shape is for the fashionistas of the nail world
- Almond Nails: An elongated nail with tapered tips. These are really popular lately but they also give off a chic timeless look.
- Stiletto Nails: Long, pointy, and dramatic. These nails usually come with dramatic designs and are not really practical for everyday.
Types of Artificial Nails
Acrylic Nails: Acrylic nails are made of a combination of acrylic glass and liquid monomers. This mixture looks like a paste, bonds to the natural nail, and begins to harden pretty quickly. During this time the desired shape is created.
Gel Nails: Are liquid like regular nail polish but is then cured under a UV or LED light. Basically anything that comes out of a bottle and is brushed on your nail and then cured under a light to harden is a gel nail. This type also includes shellack.
Dip Powder: Dip powder nails are the newest trend to blow up on the nail space. They have been around for a while, but have not really gained popularity that the other types have.